Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Thanks for the Liebster Award


Deana from “My thoughts on thesubject are as follows” has sent me this beautiful present - The Liebster award. I cannot put it in words how pleased I am (read my blog is) to have received an award. The blog has made a humble beginning towards a journey of many more miles. I am truly overwhelmed and honored with this love showered on my blog.

Having made my “thank you speech”, I will now receive this award, share some facts, answer some questions and nominate other blogs that I think are worthy recipients of this award.

Sharing facts:
Fact 1 – I prefer my mother’s cooking to all others.
Fact 2 – I love reading, mostly fictions.
Fact 3 – I love knitting and crocheting.
Fact 4 – I can’t drive, not even ride a bicycle.
Fact 5 – I am dead scared of lizards.
Fact 6 – I was/am Phantom, Mandrake, Jeanie, Bewitched, Different strokes, Small wonder and Cullen family addict.
Fact 7 – I am attracted to bracelets and anklets. At one point I boasted of a bracelet collection where I could wear them once a month without repeating.
Fact 8 – I prefer winters to summers, mainly because I love winter clothes.
Fact 9 – When it comes to shopping, I can’t resist buying jackets.
Fact 10 – I am a little short tempered. Ok. More than a little.
Fact 11 – Amidst job hunting, I am enjoying my home tutoring and writing exercises.

Now over to answering the questions:
1. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Thank you is the best prayer.
2. If tomorrow was your last day, what would you do?
Nothing special.
3. How old were you when you first truly felt love?
Culprit question that delayed this thank you post. I did not want to delay indefinitely so I gave up and wrote the rest of the post instead.
4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Diwali, i like the holes in the darkness that are supposed to light up our lives.
5. Do you believe in Karma and why?
I am not sure if I do. But I do believe in action and it having an equal and opposite reaction.
6. What does this nomination mean to you?
An honor. I feel so grateful for this nomination. The support, the appreciation, the love that I have received is truly priceless.
7. If you could spend the day with 1 person, past or present, who would it be?
My maternal grandmother.
8. What do you like most about yourself?
Reading.
9. What do you like least about yourself?
My short temper.
10. Why do you write?
Because I know no other creativity that helps me express my self.
11. What do you miss most about your childhood?
Many things, carefree life would top them all.

Nominating some blogs:

They will have to post eleven facts about themselves.
Answer the questions that the tagger has set for them.
Choose eleven people with fewer  than 200 followers 
Go over to their page and tell them about the win
And no tag backs.

My questions for the nominations:
1. What is your favorite color and why?
2. What does this award mean to you?
3. If you could be any character in a movie, what would you be?
4. What is your first childhood wish?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. What is your favorite blog?
7. Who was your first crush?
8. What is your favorite dish?
9. What would be one material thing you would want to accompany you after death?
10. Who would be one celebrity you would like to spend an hour with?
11. What is your favorite quote?

Thanks. This would be one of the biggest posts in long time now.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for your nomination Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ruby! I totally love awards! I haven't been too focused on the blog lately but I will work on the reply soon!

    Have a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No issues Heather. I am glad to be sharing my blogging blessings with you :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Ruby. I've heard if this but know nothing about it. Can you fill me in on more details. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Lumdog, this is an award given to some handful, 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers and that you like (liebster = dearest). The Liebster Blog Award is passed from one blog to another to honor smaller blogs (those with less than 200 followers) that deserve recognition for their fabulous blogging abilities. The recipient has a little do to list on his behalf :
      "They will have to post eleven facts about themselves.
      Answer the questions that the tagger has set for them.
      Choose eleven people with fewer than 200 followers.
      Go over to their page and tell them about the win.
      And no tag backs."
      This will help build better blogging relations :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks again. I appreciate the honor coming from a blogger whom I admire. Please forgive my densness, but are we award recipients by being nominated or is there some subsequent judging based on our answers.

      Delete
    3. We are award recipients by being nominated itself. When I say nomination, I mean to say that I pass on this award to you. And thank you. It is good to hear that this admiration is mutual :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful. I am so glad you did this. The people you awarded it to are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I did this too. Merry Christmas. And I am glad you like my chosen list.

      Delete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.