Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Remember me as a candle


Remember me as a candle,
That lit your way,
When all was dark,
And there was no ray
That tried to help you in every way
And prayed that all joys and smiles, in your heart they stay,
To give you strength to cross all that blocks the path,
To keep you from falling and stumbling as you pass,
That stood by you when things went down and rough,
And that was there with you when the times were tough,
That braved the winds along with you,
To cheer you up when you were feeling blue …
And now that you call me and I cannot appear,
Do not worry and don’t ever fear,
Far from your heart I can never be,
I will always be the light to help you see,
When it grows dark, just look in your heart,
I may not be there but my light will never part …
Remember me as a candle,
That may not be burning now,
But that lit your way once.

29 comments:

  1. I've envied writers with the knack for poetry. Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean Elaine. I really appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. That's lovely. We all need someone like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Annabelle, I totally agree with your sentiments.

      Delete
  3. Ordinary Words...uplifting prose, very enjoyable♫♪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate your support and encouragement.

      Delete
  4. this is lovely -- assuming that you wrote it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, I thought I commented before... if it is double, please delete :)

    Beautiful verse, quiet and thoughtful.

    This is my Alphabe- Thursday - for letter 'C' @ ImagesByCW is about Charleston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudia. Thank you for reciprocating the visit and leaving me such lovely words.

      Delete
  6. This is just sweet..The last line really spoke to my heart. So nice to be hear and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melinda for such encouraging and appreciating words and for this visit.

      Delete
  7. Makes me think of the Holy Spirit... a light always lit in our lives. Well done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie for such heart warming response to these words. Hugs to you too :)

      Delete
  8. Loved that you turned this into a poem! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ericka. It is good to hear from you.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful, but a little sad. Bittersweet, I mean. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TMW Hickman. I am glad that you loved this little piece.

      Delete
  10. This made me think of Princess Diana, when Elton John played and sang Candle in the Wind at her service...lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great compliment Sandra and coming from you I cherish it all the more.

      Delete
  11. We need more poetry in our link ups! "Remember me as a candle..." I just love that. Sparse and intense.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We don't have many poets linking at Write on Edge, so thank you for this! It's a very comforting way to think of someone who is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela. I like working on the Red Writing Hood prompts you host. And to be called a poet, oh, it feels so good. I second your interpretation too - verbatim.

      Delete
  13. This is sweet and sad. I want to say, there should be no goodbyes, but sometimes, they are inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh. This was really inCredibly imagery.

    Such poignant words you share here.

    Thank you for sharing your heart.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. I really appreciate your encouragement.

      Delete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.