Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holidays are like Honey Roasted Almonds


Holidays are time when all in the family:
The little ones with wild imaginations,
The growing with “Whatever” in their hearts and mind,
The grown-ups with all their worldly baggage,
The wise with their wisdom,
Celebrate togetherness.
Holidays are like
2 cups almonds
Baked for 10 min
In a 350 degrees oven
Cooled and then treated
With a boiling and bubbling
Concoction of honey, water and butter,
Spiced up with a little sugar,
Salt, cinnamon powder,
And loads of love,
Cooled again and
Served with warmth in heart.
Holidays are like healthy snacks,
Crunchy and munchy
Family time together.

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful presentation in words and food! I'm excited to try these. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel. Not being much in to cooking and baking and only doing the regular Indian dishes, I was not sure if I would be able to link up this week but then this idea struck me. I am glad it goes down well with you.

      Delete
  2. I liked this very much. That the holidays are like a sweet treat, for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara. I am totally in line with what you said.

      Delete
  3. You made a poem! With a recipe! I don't think that's ever been done, Ruby. And you even answered two prompts. You people amaze me.

    I need to try this one for my daughter. I think she'd love it.

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele. I really hope your daughter likes this. I enjoy getting to eat them.

      Delete
  4. A recipe, a poem, and 2 prompts in one...how brilliant! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tessa. It is such a pleasure to hear from you.

      Delete
  5. Geez, if I could only cook. Sounds yummy, though. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you LceeL. I am glad to be hearing from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm.. Cant wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.