Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Saturday, July 2, 2016

The room

My eyes scanned the room,
searching for you.
So many people,
some complete strangers,
some I knew.
All eyes were on me as I walked the aisle,
scrutinizing, appraising, assessing me,
through and through.
I searched the crowd, for your genial smile,
for your penetrating gaze,
that can see me through.
I waited to hear your baritone,
a salve for my frayed nerves,
resonating through the milieu.
In a room full of people,
I missed you much.
Until, you walked in
and our eyes latched
and my fears melted.
In that instant,
from across that room,
I fell in love.


Linking with Thin Spiral Notebook : 100 words: Room

4 comments:

  1. A lovely feeling when you see your special someone walk into a room, especially a crowded room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the tension you build before the other person walks in.

    ReplyDelete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.