Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Farewell



My mother is packing my bag,
because I am too lazy to do it myself,
and because I stack things in a horrifying manner,
and also because deep down she knows,
I am being dramatic;
That my postponing this exercise
will not change the fact
that I have to leave tonight.
My father is hovering around
hiding a green apple or two,
or maybe mandarins this time,
between the folds of my clothes,
our protests notwithstanding,
And I am staring at the
fluttering list of holidays.
All my bags packed,
I leave an important part of me behind – my heart.

6 comments:

  1. I feel this way whenever I travel home to visit my parents and have to leave too soon. This line was particularly poignant, "My father is hovering around / hiding a green apple or two, / or maybe mandarins this time"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my..what a beautiful way to represent a parting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always difficult to leave those we love. Visually simple, but stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when it is time for festivities.
      Thank you so much.

      Delete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.