Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Thursday, June 4, 2015

C is for ... Children

The older one
Complaining
About
Broken nibs
And empty cartridges
While gaining millimeters daily
And loosing milk teeth
Now and then.
The younger one
Scuttling behind
His not-so-old
Mentor in all nuances,
Eager to grow up
And match strides with him.
Wobbling
And finding stances together
They create a beautiful,
Perfectly ordered chaos.
And while I am undecided
If I would prefer
Yet another round of UNO
(Which I keep losing
Because
This boy is really good at it)
Or
Catch me if you can
(Which I will have to lose now
Because I won the last round
With my nestling),
I know, I know I will have to
Make a choice soon,
One thing I am sure of
Is that
This is my heaven here,
In their blessed company.
It is really glorious,
This growing up with them again.
Thank you Lord!
Thank you.



And
Sometimes you just have to leave it there.


Jenny Matlock

6 comments:

  1. Loving post for C ~ children are a real gift to us ~

    Happy Weekend coming to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children really bring us joy and stress. They are certainly a blessing.
    Dominique - (Dominique's Desk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And nowhere else can joy and stress be welcomed together except for company of children.
      Thank you Dominique

      Delete
  3. 'Mentor in all nuances'. Wow. Just wow.

    This writing was incredible. Your ability to combine and craft words is nothing short of incredible.

    Thank you for linking your talent to the letter C.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so honored to hear such kind words from you Jenny. It is my pleasure to link up with Alphabe-Thursday

      Delete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.