Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Good day charm

I get off
The crowded
Daily local
After struggling
With
Bodies and bags,
Jostling my way to front,
And then hopping down
Against the
Trickling speed of wheels.
I exhale
The sweat laden
Thick salty air.
One deep breath.
At that moment,
I can/will justify
All the hoopla
Behind
The fresh evening air.
I walk back
To
My room
Coming across
Familiar faces
Primarily because,
We share the same routine.
However,
There are
No acknowledgments.
Except for
One crippled man,
Balancing on crutches,
Waving out,
And
Muttering unintelligibly.
Like a good day charm,
I wait

To cross paths with him.


Linking with Ketchup with us

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Ruby! It's nice to see you back around these parts. :)

    What an interesting piece you have here. I read it twice and got different things out of it each time. I just love your style. Thanks for linking up with KetchupWithUs. Please come back again on the 15th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your compliment and such warm greetings made my weekend. Thank you so much Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.