Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Knitted love

Was it just last week -
When I started working,
Through the little tangles,
Of the pink and yellow yarn,
The one that is now,
A close resemblance of,
With the two grey pins,
And rhythm in their feet,
With a knot here and a knit there,
Purls and cables, layer by layer,
The growing piece -
Knitted in stolen moments,
Midst the rush of life,
Those flutters of heart
With the misses of loops,
For the want of help,
And then the deft rescues
Of mother’s trained hands,
- The love for loved
Has taken shape.
Encore?
The blue yarn asks.
Yes.

12 comments:

  1. That's so brilliantly colorful Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy both for introducing me to the prompt and such kind words.

      Delete
  2. I really like this! I glanced at my little tangles yesterday sitting on my desk and wondered if they would become the piece I have planned before Christmas rolls around. Thanks for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure Kathryn, you will have it ready well before Christmas. I am happy if this encourages you :) Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. I love it when we can feel the words besides hear them! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a fellow knitter ( with 6 Christmas project on the needles) I found this to be inspirational and insightful . ...and beautifully written!
    BCIJo...Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, you are so kind to leave me such beautiful thoughts for my little post. It means so much to me if it can inspire and encourage you. :)

      Delete
  5. With this piece you have re-ignited my neglected, forlorn project that has been stuffed away for months. With every new row I create, I will remember your beautiful poem...very well written !!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris. I am glad the post stands as an inspiration to you. Your words are being cherished by me.

      Delete
  6. Wow.

    This was beautiful.

    Absolutely beautiful.

    Are there magazines for knitting and needle crafts? If so, I think you should send this along.

    It is so evocative and powerful.

    I love the imagery here.

    ReplyDelete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.