Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Here comes the God Particle


World over scientists are celebrating the discovery of the God Particle. And all this while, I was sitting in the bus, waiting for a road block due to landslide to be remedied. My daily commute took me 4 hours for the evening home bound run.
The route I undertake is treacherous. No doubts about it. And with the onset of the monsoons, landslides are almost regular. As regular as the rains. Why, today was just the 3rd day of the monsoon and it took the authorities more than 5 hours to clear the road block at no less than four points.
Trust me also when I say that the route I undertake is spectacular. Every curve, every bend and every turn reveals a new shade of nature – breathtaking and stunning. Even when the nature unleashed its fury today, I could not help praising the articulate and amazing handiworks of the Mother Nature.
I usually prefer the window seats and I usually travel with the windows open. The moist, fresh air actually refreshed me right to my soul. And then I crossed the tunnel, spiraling roads, the endless caravan of cars, trucks, buses, the hydroelectric power projects, bridges, dams and was saddened by the thought that we are messing up with our nature – the bountiful and the beautiful one. And so if one fine day, it chooses to get back to us with the landslides, we are no ones to complain. We invited her wrath. We opened the Pandora’s Box so we must face the consequences too.
And then I came home to the news channels running the breaking news about the Higgs Boson. They seem to have discovered the secret to all life, all universe. They think it is a step nearer to finding God. With what I saw firsthand today, I seriously doubt the validity of this claim. We might have discovered the smallest particle that created all things living and non living but we are far from understanding God and his ways – nature and its ways. For if it were so, there would be no Colorado fires and no Japan would ever see tsunamis. There would be no landslides to keep us waiting for hours and hours. Thousands of lives would never be brought to a temporary halt by handful of rain or sun or cold.
Curiosity is good but too much curiosity killed the cat.
I have always appreciated the advances science is making but ask me today and I am skeptical of science trying to be God.

6 comments:

  1. Amen! Unfortunately, they have missed God in the whole picture. It is God who gives is all to enjoy, including each breath we take. Thanks so much for your insitefull post, it is spot on! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it is God that made all things bright and beautiful, big and small. It is good to hear the echo of the thoughts. Thank you for reading and appreciating.
      Warmest Regards,
      Ruby

      Delete
  2. I actually look at it as encouraging- science accepting that there could be a God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an optimistic interpretation of the advances Science makes. Thank you for your visit, Shell.

      Delete
  3. I also doubt it has anything to do with God. More like Americans overstating things as usual. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I know is that kids got one more thing to study :)
      It is good to hear that we are on the same page again. Thank you Cathy.

      Delete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.