Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Overcast Sky


It rained all night, with all its might.
Rain we heard and rain was in sight.
Damp and cold and dark everywhere;
Not a ray of sun, for light and care.
The sky overcast with thick and thunderous cloud.
The grey spirit, weeping and wailing aloud;
Roared and growled and thoroughly spent.
It came, it cried and away it went …
Void, empty, and drained.
Oh! Last night it rained …
Impregnating all with seeds of life;
With the zeal and zest, fresh after strife.
Leaving behind the rustling leaves,
The glistening greens, the cold and biting breeze.
Cleansed everything that it could;
Mind, body and soul as it should.
New, fresh and aglow, all seems to be again.
Heralding new beginnings, lo! Here comes the rain.

6 comments:

  1. well written....beautiful composition..njoyed readin it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem. I live in the desert, so we don't get much rain. It's always such a welcome thing here :) I appreciate your recent comments on my blogs. Your English is so good! I wish I'd learned more than one language when I was growing up. I'd love to read more about your life and family there.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Aditi, I am so glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marcia, I am so humbled by your compliments.

    ReplyDelete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.