Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Flight


Give me wings and let me fly.
Watch me as I soar high.
Let the knots that bind me, be untied today.
Let me spread my wings, and fly away.
Higher and higher, oh! I will reach the star,
The sun, the moon, the ones that seemed so far.
Sailing with the winds, I will close my eyes.
Forward and onward, I will scale the skies.
When the winds go rough, I’ll strive and make my way…
To the vast expanse, sans the clouds grey.
And you will watch my flight and you will hear my song.
You will enjoy my dive and you will sing along.
Then I will spread my wings and fly away,
To swirl, to sway and to sashay
To the clear blue skies, where they belong …
My feathers, my flight and my song.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing it :)
    Happy New Year to you and your family!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like it, Marcia. Thank you so much. And a very Happy New Year to you too. :)
    Warmest regards,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruby dont wry ...U r born to do good deeds and achieve grt heights :)
    u have spoken out ur heart in this poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Aditi :) Thank you so much dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see you fly one day

    ReplyDelete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.