Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

How do you say thank you

As weird a question as it may sound, yet every word is making me think, do we really know how to say thank you. And by this I do not refer to the language, style and accent that we have to put in. I refer to those little gestures which go all the way into the other person’s heart and warm it up.


How do you ever thank people who stand by you even when the whole world is throwing stones and pebbles at you? When there is no hope, but there is someone who helps you keep your faith. When there is no light and somebody turns up with a torch to help you see the path. When you are crying and somebody wipes away your tears. I have no idea how I would ever thank such people and I think a lifetime would not be sufficient.
These are people you know and yet, your thank-yous fail you at these times.


And there are times when mere acquaintances and complete strangers out of nowhere will come to your help. Though involuntarily, a thank you might escape our lips but is it sufficient? This person might be leaving behind several tasks undone just to help me out and all I say is “thank you”. Is that all I can do to show my gratitude. Is it all that is needed? He / she might be in more troubles far greater than mine but is trying his best to make my life a little easy for me. Can I not give him a more worthy “thank you”?


Of course, we can send gifts and stuff, we can spend loads of money but can we buy heartfelt gratitude with that money. I might be easily spending on gifts at other times also, times when I am not feeling so grateful. Wise men rightly said, money can’t buy everything and of course, for everything else money will suffice. So what do I spend on people who have made my life a blessing that it is now?


There are more questions than answers rummaging through my brain at this given time. But this introspection has led me to my answer finally.


I read today that any blessing, when ignored, becomes a curse. How often do we sit down and count our blessings? And then having counted them, do we ever thank “Him” for bestowing these wonderful priceless gifts on all of us? And how much time does it take to say “thank you God for all that you have given me”. I am pretty sure, less than it took me to type it. And holla, here is my first thanks … you all just read it and “He” must have heard it J


If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you”, that would suffice. – Meister Eckhart
“So, thank you God and welfare unto all.”


And yes all my family, friends, acquaintances, strangers are included in my prayer.


For those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.